Areas of Practice
- Motor Vehicle Accident Claims
- Personal Injury Claims
- Public Liability Claims
- Medical negligence
- Legal negligence
- Criminal Law
- Police Matters
- Commercial Litigation
- Bachelor of Laws from the University of Adelaide in 1985.
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice from the South Australian Institute of Technology in 1986.
- Admitted to practice in 1987.
- Certified and registered to appear in the High Court of Australia in 1998.
- Law Society of South Australia
- Australian Lawyers Alliance (formerly Australian Plaintiffs Lawyers Association)
Darren commenced his legal career with Scammell & Co. in 1987.
In 1989, he worked as a solicitor with the London Borough of Greenwich, UK where he briefed Counsel and appeared in the Royal Courts of Justice. He also appeared as Counsel in the County Court, London.
Darren is also a member of the panel of Counsel acting for a local AFL club in AFL Tribunal hearings.
In the 30 years that Darren has practised in law, he has worked in various areas and in multiple jurisdictions, predominantly in the area of personal injury and in criminal work. This has involved obtaining significant settlements in complex catastrophic cases, as well as appearing in complex matters before the High Court of Australia.