Areas of Practice
- Commercial Law
- Personal Injury and Motor Vehicle Accident Claims
- Wills and Estate Planning
- Administration of Deceased Estates
- Contested Wills/Disputed Estates
- Powers of Attorney and Advance Care Directives
- Bachelor of Management (Marketing) from University of South Australia (2005)
- Bachelor of Laws and Legal Practice (Hons) from Flinders University (2019)
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of South Australia (2019)
- Law Society of South Australia
- Golden Key International Honour Society (2004)
- Meegan Prior, Powers of Attorney and Agency Act 1984 (SA): Providing an Essential Estate Planning Tool or Facilitating Financial Elder Abuse? (Dissertation, Flinders University, 2018)
Meegan commenced employment with Scammell & Co in 2015 and in 2017 became part of our Walkerville team. She is based in Walkerville but is also available to see clients in our other offices.
Before commencing her legal career, Meegan held various marketing and management roles for shopping centre owners and managers in South Australia and Victoria. Highlights include devising sales and visitation strategies and integrated campaigns across multiple centres and brands which were given awards by the Property Council of South Australia.
Meegan was awarded the Lexis Nexis Torts 2 topic prize and a Chancellor’s Letter of Commendation during her studies at Flinders University. She was also admitted to the University of South Australia’s Dean’s Merit List in 2003 & 2004.
She has a keen interest in commercial law given her previous background in retail management.
Interests Outside Professional Activity :
Meegan loves to travel. She loves to experience the local culture, history and food foreign places have to offer.