Areas of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Police Matters
- Traffic Matters
- Child Protection Law
- Family Law
- Victims of Crime Applications
- Applications for Review of Inpatient Treatment Orders
- Miscellaneous administrative law reviews/appeals
- Migration Law
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from the University of Adelaide in 1998.
- Diploma of Legal Practice from University of South Australia in 1999.
- Bachelor of Arts from University of Adelaide in 1996.
- Admitted to practice in 1999.
- Registered migration agent (MARN: 1686691).
- Law Society of South Australia
- Migration Institute of Australia
Initially a Judge’s Associate at the District Court of South Australia for over 12 months, working mainly in the criminal jurisdiction.
Then joined a legal firm practising mainly in commercial law.
Joined Scammell & Co. in 2000 where she commenced practising criminal law, child protection and family law, amongst other areas of law. She has since commenced practising in the area of migration law.
Specialises in police and criminal matters.
Many years’ experience in conducting District Court jury trials and Supreme Court appeals as well as numerous trials and sentencing matters for simple and less serious matters.
Interests Outside Professional Activity
Ursula has a strong interest in social justice – involving various activities including opening and running a drop-in, sandwich kitchen and community arts centre for Adelaide’s marginalised, which have been running for up to 30 years now.
A passion for the arts has resulted in practical experience in areas of visual arts, the dramatic arts and dance.
Speaks fluent German.