Office Protocols in Response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Subject to any changes to State or Federal Government advice relating to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, our offices are open and it is business as usual.
During this ongoing health crisis Scammell & Co.’s priority is the health and wellbeing of all employees and visitors to our offices.
In accordance with World Health Organisation and Australian Government Department of Health recommendations and mandates, Scammell & Co has implemented COVID-safe measures within our workplaces including:
- Mandatory employee and visitor QR code Check-in OR manual record-keeping for contact tracing purposes;
- A maximum of 3 people per 4 square metres (effective: Wednesday 31 March 2021);
- Observe physical and social distancing protocols;
- Maintain regular hand hygiene protocols and hard surface cleaning and sanitising;
- Exercise cough and sneeze etiquette; and
- Use face masks when/if mandated.
To keep our offices safe environments for all, we ask that all employees and visitors entering our premises adhere to these measures. We also ask employees and visitors not to enter our offices if they have:
- COVID-19 symptoms including a sore throat, cough, body aches or fever;
- Recently been diagnosed with COVID-19 (or are waiting on COVID-19 test results);
- Been in contact with someone who has recently been diagnosed with COVID-19; and/or
- Been in contact with anyone who has recently returned from overseas in the past 14 days, or have visited a local or interstate COVID-19 declared hotspot within the past 14 days.
If any of these circumstances apply to you, or you have any other concerns, please contact us on 8447 4466 before entering any of our offices.
During any mandatory lockdown periods, Scammell & Co will endeavour to pivot its day-to-day business operations to an online and remote workplace, to ensure continuity of its services to the best of its ability. This means some (but not all) solicitors and support staff will be available to assist clients and suppliers wherever possible, during this period. Please note that other service-providers whom we engage with or utilise may also be affected during lockdowns. Contact us to clarify if or how your matter may be affected.
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding during these challenging times.