Office Protocols in Response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
In accordance with the latest South Australian Government directive for all non-essential services, our offices will be closed from 6PM Tuesday 20th July for the duration of the 7 day lockdown. This lockdown has been brought about to stop the spread of COVID-19 throughout the South Australian community.
During any mandatory lockdown periods, Scammell & Co will endeavour to pivot its day-to-day business operations to an online and remote workplace, to ensure continuity of its services to the best of its ability. This means some (but not all) solicitors and support staff will be available to assist clients and suppliers wherever possible, during this period. Please note that other service-providers whom we engage with or utilise may also be affected during lockdowns. Contact us to clarify if or how your matter may be affected. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding during these challenging times.
You can contact us by calling (08) 8447 4466 for assistance during office hours. Alternatively you can email us at any time and your enquiry will be directed to a relevant person to assist you. Our lawyers can also be contacted directly via email – please refer to the OUR PEOPLE page and select the relevant lawyer whom you wish to contact.
Upon the completion of the lockdown period and subject to any further changes to State or Federal Government advice relating to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, our offices will reopen.
During this ongoing health crisis Scammell & Co.’s priority is the health and wellbeing of all employees and visitors to our offices.
In accordance with World Health Organisation and Australian Government Department of Health recommendations and mandates, Scammell & Co has implemented COVID-safe measures within our workplaces including:
- Mandatory employee and visitor QR code Check-in OR manual record-keeping for contact tracing purposes;
- A maximum of 1 person per 4 square metres (effective: Monday 19 July 2021);
- Observe physical and social distancing protocols;
- Maintain regular hand hygiene protocols and hard surface cleaning and sanitising;
- Exercise cough and sneeze etiquette; and
- Use face masks whenever and wherever mandated.
To keep our offices safe environments for all, we ask that all employees and visitors entering our premises adhere to these measures. We also ask employees and visitors not to enter our offices if they have:
- COVID-19 symptoms including a sore throat, cough, body aches or fever;
- Recently been diagnosed with COVID-19 (or are waiting on COVID-19 test results);
- Been in contact with someone who has recently been diagnosed with COVID-19; and/or
- Been in contact with anyone who has recently returned from overseas in the past 14 days, or have visited a local or interstate COVID-19 declared hotspot within the past 14 days.
If any of these circumstances apply to you, or you have any other concerns, please contact us on 8447 4466 before entering any of our offices.