Traffic Offences
August 15, 2019

The high price to be paid for using a mobile phone whilst driving

I just received a $534 fine for using my mobile phone whilst driving. It’s so expensive, can it be right?   The short answer is yes. The South Australian Government...

Read More
Police Matters
July 24, 2019

FAQ – Intervention orders

My domestic partner has made allegations of assault against me. I now have an intervention order placed upon me. What happens next? When an allegation of abuse occurs, the Police,...

Read More
June 28, 2019

South Australian Motorists Cop Significant Increases To Fines For Driving Offences

Image courtesy govnews.com.au   The South Australian Government has recently announced a raft of increases to fines for speeding, mobile phone use whilst behind the wheel and drink or drug-driving....

Read More
Family Law
June 12, 2019

FAQ – My former partner is selling his investment property and trying to keep all the money. What can I do?

If your name is not on the title or on the loan/mortgage, the sale could go ahead without your knowledge or consent. That could result in your former partner receiving...

Read More
Family Law
May 30, 2019

Mediation can help separating couples negotiate care of children and asset division.

Couples today are increasingly utilising mediation over going to court, as a means to sort out disagreements about the care arrangements of children and the division of assets. Whilst mediation...

Read More
Family Law
May 16, 2019

Warning on negative consequences to court funding

Chief Justice Chris Kourakis has recently commented on the negative impacts potential funding cuts would have on the Youth Court SA. Scammell & Co. Barrister and Senior Solicitor, Ursula Matson,...

Read More
Commercial Law
April 9, 2019

Ask the Lawyer – I am setting up a new business. Do I need a lawyer to advise on my commercial lease?

As a business owner and tenant, a commercial lease will be one of your business’ most important contracts. It imposes legal and financial obligations on you over a period of...

Read More
Family Law
March 22, 2019

Ask the Lawyer – How do I register to receive maintenance from my spouse?

There are two main types of maintenance; child maintenance (also known as “child support”), and spousal or de facto partner maintenance (ie. “alimony”). You can apply for child support online...

Read More
Family Law
March 15, 2019

Ask the Lawyer – Child custody arrangements over Easter

Child custody arrangements with my former partner are complicated this year because school holidays overlap Easter. Can the father’s time override my Easter time with our son? Unusually, Easter this...

Read More
Wills & Estate Planning
March 8, 2019

Response to proposed changes to the Public Trustee SA Wills service

MEDIA RELEASE: 27 February 2019 Changes to the Public Trustee SA Wills service ultimately benefits grieving families.   Last Friday Deputy Premier and Attorney-General Vickie Chapman announced that as of...

Read More
Email Us
close slider

Online Enquiry

Contact Scammell & Co. online by completing the form below. Please note that fields marked with an asterisk (*) must be completed to ensure a prompt response.